Business development manager
Thanks so much for your interest in our Sheffield based business development manager role. Have a look at the information below and feel free to get in touch for an informal chat if you would like to find out more.
Are you looking for a new adventure? Would you like to be part of something different and play a major role in how it progresses?
Starling is an exciting Sheffield based startup working primarily in the manufacturing sector. Our platform enables companies to create easy to use step-by-step instructions for various processes and record training against them. It allows manufacturers to migrate away from paper documents and manual training records, streamlining the whole process and increasing the efficiency of the business. Have a look at our website for more information about our platform, we offer a SaaS model but also offer on premise where required.
We are looking for an experienced business development manager to help drive new business and create new relationships with manufacturers primarily based in the UK (but also internationally). The role will involve working to understand the needs of potential customers, demonstrating the Starling platform virtually and onsite, closing deals, setting up trial accounts and providing some basic training to get customers started. By joining an early stage startup you will have the opportunity to use your skills and experience to shape sales strategy, initiate new approaches, influence marketing campaigns, and build strategic relationships.
- Have proven success in creating and growing new business accounts
- Be an enthusiastic, motivated individual
- Have strong commercial acumen, with strong selling skills
- Have a good understanding of technology
- Be able to demonstrate exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Be able to actively listen, enabling you to analyse and understand exactly a prospective customer’s needs
- Be able to build rapport and relationships with ease
- Be confident in communicating with all levels of potential customers – including senior decision makers
- Excel at finding new opportunities
- Be able to develop and execute strategic plans to maximise sales
- Using a CRM system to record contact information and progress of the sales process
- Have a valid driving license
- Experience working for or with manufacturers
- Experience in marketing
- Have a high attention to detail
- Background in B2B software/tech sales or consultancy
You will report directly to our founder, Sam. This means you will play a significant role in discussions about business development strategies and in how we develop as a business.
To apply please send through your CV and a cover letter (or a short video) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please explain what makes you suitable for the job, incorporating some of the above requirements. Please note, you must be able to prove that you have the right to work in the UK. If you are successful in getting through to an interview, we will ask for references. We believe in equal opportunities for all individuals.
Please note, interviews will be conducted via video calls.
Salary: circa £30,000 per year, plus generous bonuses
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be in at the start, get in touch today.