Thanks so much for your interest in our Sheffield based java web developer role. Have a look at the information below and feel free to get in touch for an informal chat if you would like to find out more.
Are you looking for a new adventure? Would you like to be part of something different and play a major role in how it progresses?
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer to work on the development of our platform. By joining a startup you will have the opportunity to get involved in various activities within the business alongside the core mission of developing the product.
Starling is an exciting Sheffield based startup working primarily in the manufacturing sector. Our platform enables companies to create easy to use step-by-step instructions for various processes and record training against them. It allows manufacturers to migrate away from paper documents and manual training records, streamlining the whole process and increasing the efficiency of the business. This website provides more information, including a customer case study video.
The role will include:
- Designing and developing new product features.
- Maintaining and improving existing features.
- Contributing to the way software is developed.
- Ensuring test automation and code quality.
- Liaising with customers regarding support issues.
- Providing support as required for site visits and on-premise installations.
- Creating APIs to allow existing customers to integrate with the product.
- Contributing to the infrastructure and architecture design.
You will have:
- Experience with the Spring framework.
- Experience deploying Java Web Applications.
- Good version control experience and practises using Git.
- Good communication skills both one-on-one and in working as part of a team.
- A strong desire to meet and exceed customer expectation.
- The ability to work independently and in a team with minimal supervision.
- The ability to contribute to team discussions with an open mind.
- The ability to receive critical feedback.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience with AWS – primarily EC2, RDS, S3 and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experience of working in a high security and/or compliance-controlled environment.
We run a 37.5 hour working week and offer 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays. As for the perks, you can help us decide. You will report directly to our founder, Sam. This means you will play a significant role in discussions on product development and in how we do things as a business.
To apply please send through your CV and cover letter to the email address below. Please note, you must be able to prove that you have the right to work in the UK. If you are successful in getting through to an interview, we may ask you for references.